I know. Why would anyone want to fail successfully? You think it doesn’t make sense, however
If you are anything like me chances are when you fail you feel like a failure, lose motivation and give up. I used to go further than that; I used it as an excuse to make myself a hopeless victim and let go completely.
This is what happens when you are not good at failing. You feel ashamed. You stop believing in yourself and your potential. You simply don’t know what to do next and how to cope with failure.
This is what you can do to fail successfully:
- Accept the failure. It happened and you can’t change the past. Assess the damage. Look at the losses. Look at the figures. After that remind yourself you are only a human. You are allowed mistakes. Some say only people who don’t do anything never fail. You are NOT one of them.
- Think why it happened. What went wrong? What did you do or didn’t do? What choices did you make that took you away from your success?
- Take responsibility. Stop blaming circumstances and people around you. At the end of the day you are the only person who puts food into your mouth. You are the boss of your body and mind. Give the right orders.
- Make the adjustments. Protect yourself from making the same mistakes in the future. What can you do differently, so it doesn’t happen again?
- Carry on. Be self – aware. If you catch yourself making a mistake- acknowledge it and try harder next time. One, mindlessly eaten breakfast will not jeopardize your weekly weight-loss, as long as you eat mindfully after that. Think about it as a journey during which you need to constantly correct the course to ensure you are going reach the destination (your goal).